The month of August is already over and it is time for another wrap-up! I managed to read 9 books and 1 book that I did not finish. I’ll be linking down below my reviews for the books that I’ve read and I’ll be sharing some thoughts on the books that I didn’t review.
Let’s proceed now to my wrap up!
1. The French Impressionist by Rebecca Bischoff- 🌑🌑🌑🌑🌑 (DNF)
2. Behemoth (Leviathan #1) by Scott Westerfeld – 🌕🌕🌕🌗🌑
3. Playing by the Greek’s Rule (Puffin Island #0.5) by Sarah Morgan – 🌕🌕🌕🌖🌑
4. Slave Queen (An Omar Zagouri Thriller #3) by H.B. Moore – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
5. Animal Farm by George Orwell – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
6. Sleepless in Manhattan (From Manhattan with Love #1) by Sarah Morgan – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
8. Winger (Winger #1) by Andrew Smith – 🌕🌕🌕🌗🌑
9. Stand-off (Winger #2) by Andrew Smith – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
10. First Time in Forever (Puffin Island #1) by Sarah Morgan – 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌗
In-depth thoughts on… (Books that I didn’t review on my blog.)
- The French Impressionist by Rebecca Bischoff
I would like to give a brief synopsis on this book. It’s about a girl with a speech deficiency where her words are not understandable to most people. She’s trying to escape her old life by tricking her mother that she’ll be going to an art camp or art class in Paris (or somewhere) but her real plan is, she will never go back. She will stay in Southern France with these new parents whom she thinks is suitable for her considering that they lost their child before.
I requested the ARC of this book because the description seems interesting. I really like stories that deal with deficiency and illnesses. However, this book was very different. I don’t know if the author is trying to deal with her deficiency in a light manner or what but it does not work. The character is pretty annoying and I don’t like to be inside her brain. The flow of the story is boring! I stopped at about 50-60% of the book because I feel like nothing is happening. This is the first book in 2016 that I did not finish and did not give any rating, not even a half star.
- Behemoth (Leviathan #2) by Scott Westerfeld
I did not enjoy this book as much as I hoped I would but I still like the plot and how the story turns out. I don’t like Deryn’s character development because at some point or the other her relationship towards Alek was leaning more on the romantic side than the friendship side. I enjoyed the friendship that they build in the first book and the romantic aspect of their relationship seems unappealing on my part. That’s my only issue with this book. But all in all, the story is good, the plot is not what I expected and the illustrations really portrays how Mr. Westerfeld’s imagination was translated into art.
- Playing by the Greek’s Rule (Puffin Island #0.5) by Sarah Morgan
This book is a short story told before the start of Puffin Island Trilogy by Ms. Sarah Morgan. I love this book. I can never hate a Sarah Morgan book. The love story of two opposite individuals falling in love is cliche. But we can never get enough of cliche stories. It’s a fast and light read.
(Click the title of the book for my in-depth thoughts on the books below.)
- Slave Queen (An Omar Zagouri Thriller #3) by H.B. Moore
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Sleepless in Manhattan (From Manhattan with Love #1) by Sarah Morgan
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Winger (Winger #1) by Andrew Smith
- Stand-off (Winger #2) by Andrew Smith
- First Time in Forever (Puffin Island #1) by Sarah Morgan
That’s all for my wrap-up! Till next time guys.